Taekwon-do adheres to a system of rules and regulations to protect students and maintain order and discipline. taekwon-do students are reminded of the peaceful and harmonious nature of taekwondo and are expected to carry themselves with the highest bearing and self-control at all times.
Although not comprehensive, the following list is to be observed at all times. If in doubt of the reason for a particular regulation ask your instructor. Remember, the only stupid question is the one left unasked
1. No student may teach others without asking a black belt
2. Reframe from idle chatter.
3. No talking on training floor while class is in progress
4. No food or drink on the training floor.
5. Do not wear jewelry while training
6. No horse play in the dojang ie: running around throwing things ect…
7. Bow when entering and leaving the training area.
8. Always bow before and after addressing the instructor.
9. All black belts are to be addressed by their last name
10. Do not talk when when the instructor is talking or demonstrating techniques.
11. Use equipment properly or privileges will be suspended.
12. No shoes on training floor.
13. Shirts worn under the dobok must be white in color.
14. Do not lean on walls.
15. leave valuables at home.
16. No swearing.
17. Do not stand with hands on hips or arms crossed.
18. When leaving an instructor take a few steps backwards before turning around.
19. When shaking hands support your right elbow with your left Palm.
20. When bowing to a person say taekwon.
21. Memorize the student oath an tenets of taekwon-do.
22. Study the training secrets of taekwon-do.
23. If arriving late, wait until the instructor addresses you then bow and join the class.
24. If the instructor enters the room stand if you’re sitting and remain so until told otherwise.
25. In a room with many black belts, take your leads from the senior black belt. unless other black belts direct you to do something different